Outsourcing?

I could not sleep the other night and was skipping channels on TV. I happend on one of those "30 Days" shows, where a person lives another persons life for 30 days.

This one was about a man who's IT job was outsourced to Bangalore, India. He went there to get the job he lost in the U.S. This was very enlightening to me.

How do you feel about outsourcing? I am beginning to get very patriotic. I mean, I understand that everyone needs to make a living, but I am having some interesting thoughts about this.

One thing I hate, (yes, I can say this without being a BIGOT, because I am a foreignor myself), is when I call somewhere with a computer problem and the person on the other end does not understand WHAT THE HELL I AM TALKING ABOUT!! The 1 week course on "how to talk to an American like an American" is just not doing it, Wyatt. Wyatt is the young man or woman I talked to when I called Dell to find out what equiptment I need to upgrade my laptop. That call was like giving birth. "I am sorry, ma'am, what did you say?" In Bangalore, everyone takes on an American name so "us moronic Americans" think we are calling a person in the U.S.

I am also reconsidering my future computer purchase, which was going to be a DELL. I wonder if there are any computer companies that don't outsource? Time to Google.

My husband, who loves to discuss with me, asked if I were willing to pay many $$$'s more to company who does not outsource? Wasn't I looking at a Dell because of the price (I am a MAC lover, this is a computer for my kids).

The more I think about this, the more I am inclined to say: "YES!!"

Down the line, if everyonen here in the U.S. loses their job to outsourcing, who in the hell is going to buy all the stuff they are importing into the country, since many of the manufacturing jobs have already been outsourced?

I am on a mission. If anyone knows of a list of companies that do not outsource, send it to me.

Wouldn't that be a market nitch? "We do not outsource". Are Americans willing to pay more to uphold the American dream, or is this country already too poor for that?