Well, that one backfired....

Whenever I am at my wits' end with my Little Firecracker, I turn to parenting experts for advice. I don't know why I always do this, because again, it backfired.

This evening, instead of playing the hour long "go to bed" game until my head is about to blow off, I caught my Little Firecracker in the middle of a peek-around-the-corner-game. I told my little firecracker "Hey, you don't have to go to bed. Stay up with me, I have a job for you :)" in my nicest mommy voice. "Here, first clean the bathroom, and then you can sort the clothes in the hamper."

LF, after 20 minutes:" OK, mama, I'm done!"
Me: "Great! Now you can sort the clothes in the hamper in the laundry room!"
LF, 15 minutes later:"OK, mama, I am done. What job do I do now?"
Geez...don't you ever get tired????
Me: "Great! Now you can clean up the table in the living room and the dining room, and when you are done, you can vacuum."
LF: "Mama, aren't I a great help? I can do this all the time for you!"
It is 11:18pm.
LF is 5. Somehow, this "Sure- you- can- stay- up- but- you- have- to- take- on- the- responsibilities- of- an- adult- and- do- chores- that- I- do- when- you- go- to- sleep" is not working on LF. He is having waaay to much fun cleaning up my house while I am sitting on the computer.

Hm...maybe I should just zap some of his DNA, grind it up into a secret formula, put it in a capsule, and turn it into a multi-million dollar energy supplement company?

Labels: , , ,