VOTE Woman!

Today our state is voting :). I am sitting here looking at the results of the monumental Super Tuesday, but it looks like we won't know true numbers until tomorrow morning.

I have long been a fan of the women suffrages, but coincidence has it that we just ran into them again when studying American History. My daughter is enthralled with these brave women that went out and took a stand. We just saw the movie "True Women", where "Georgia" says: "You mean I can raise my son to be smart enough to cast a vote, but I am to genteel and soft be able to make such a decision?" during one of the early sit ins in court to propose the right for women to vote.

I can guarantee you that I, and my daughter, will always appreciate the sacrifice these women suffrages made, and we will honor them by casting a vote, every time.

Labels: , ,