Thursday, May 22, 2008

Is Blogging like High School?


The other day I read one of my favorite BBFF blogs. My BBFF (Best Blog Friend Forever)stated how she knew she would be blasted for what she was going to write, and how she knew she would be judged, and so on. Then the same thing on another BBFF blog! These are both wonderful, intelligent, super cool women. I sat, scrolling through the comments, and thought: "Geez, this is like High School!".

There are the POPULAR GIRLS, the ones who's blogs are so fabulous, and that have an entourage that follows them no matter what. They are constantly under scrutiny of:

The HATERS, the ones who like to comment on your blog and blast you with their opinions and judgment, and get off on making you look bad.

There are the ANONYMOUS commentators, the ones who like to blast you with their opinions and judgment, and get off on making you look bad, but don't have the CAJONES to put their name where their words are. (They are the same ones who put your phone number on the boys bathroom wall with "SLUT" above it, so puberty stricken boys could call your house in the middle of the night.)

The NERDS (like me?) who use their blogs as a form of expression and sanity saving. It is like talking to yourself, except you type. Every once in a while, someone answers :). You then find your cyber BBFF's....

There are the BBFF's, the ones who love you for who you are, always give you feedback, always leave a small token of their visit.....

If one BBFF is in need, the others are right there, and they spread the word, do some cyber fundraising and cyber hugging.

See, and if you piss off one BBFF, you better hold on to your ass, because the other BBFF's are right there as back up.

8 comments:

joanne at frutto della passione said...

Sometimes I think the whole world is like high school! One would hope that, unlike high school, you can still like a person if some of their ideas are a little different than yours as opposed to ostrasizing her and not letting her eat lunch with you anymore.
Sorry, still have scars!! ;)

goddess in the groove said...

Well, let's hope everyone "grows up" :)...I think it just takes a few a bit longer...

witchypoo said...

They must have a large readership to get trolls. The medium blogs don't seem to get the haters. I have a few BBFF too, but only a very young one of them feels the need for support against trolls.

DJ Kirkby said...

You have BBFF's? Do you have links to them so others can come and admire their blogs?

warriorwoman said...

I was the fat girl in school. there were three of us in that distinctive club.
I used to be the smallest of the fat ones, now I'm the fattest by quite a few stones.
Isn't life fun?

goddess in the groove said...

DJ, Dahling, you of course!! You are one of my BBFF's :)..I am just such a nerd, I am not sure how to list all the few blogs I read :)...I always see y'alls long, beautiful lists, and am truely impressed. I even go and cheat and have some fun with some of your favorites, but I can't seem to get my own list going. I will change that TODAY (or tomorrow)!

Warriorwoman, I was always the the "weird" one by far. Big nose and strange name, that was first. I always wished my parents had named me Brandy, Michelle, or Heather...geez..but HEIKE, and the weird last name that everyone pronounce "Bonkey"?? My dad's soldiers called him "Sgt. Bo", I was close to converting to Heike Bo. Strange clothes, since my German mother insisted I wear my clothes clean, thick jackets in the winter, no flannel shirts for girls, and no tube socks unless I was playing baseball...Now I look back and must admit that most of the kids I was trying look like were a bit "white trash"...lordy. Then I had to constantly make up stories to make up for my strange and colorful family, LOL! Thank the Goddess my kids are spared this agony, they are raised loving every weird aorta in their body!

If I could go back and tell them all one thing, it would be:
"Kiss my fabulous ass".

There, I have obviously let all that go and am ready to deal with y'all in a much finer manner.

Witchypoo, I am obviously not interesting enough to attract trolls :). Or they are my high school friends who I dealt with when they really pissed me off :). Last week THREE of my BBFF's noted that they expected to get some trash because of what they posted. You think we could all just live happy together, eh? I love these women because they actually have a brain and boiling blood, they sure struck a cord!

goddess in the groove said...

Ok Ladies, can someone explain a blogroll to me??

:)

TheresaJ said...

Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle! :)