Halfway through 2008...the tomato spoke.


This morning I was outside at 7a.m., before the sun turned my lovely "outside" into hot hell, talking to my tomatoes.

Yes, talking to my tomatoes.

:)

It seems my epiphanies come to me when I am out weeding or otherwise scrounching around with my tomato plants. A few years ago, I made the major decision to "retire" from my position as a Director with a network marketing company, because I was miserable selling their products and upholding their shady ethics that were developing there. Today, I decided to take my goddess business in a different direction, and incllude my love of teaching/training. My book has been on the back burner for many incoherent reasons, and it is time for it to complete its' cycle and mission.

On that note, my German heirloom tomato is not doing so well. Maybe because I favored it ONLY because it is "German"??? Yet, it is not delivering....Maybe another sign for me to clear my head and see what is real??

:)

I must tell you that I spent 19 hours in the heat this weekend as a vendor at festival that was doomed by hell heat. It was so hot that I had to constantly spray my friend (who I hope is still my friend after I made her sit there all day with me on Saturday. We did get to see a man with antlers in a wrap skirt :)...) and myself with water. My kids, who are normally super resilient, had a heat stroke at around 4 pm and were rescued by my personal fairy friend. It was a friggin' disaster, and if I was not commited to being there with my Goddesses, I would have not ventured out there in that damn heat. I think my brain melted and then came back. Another reason to go and get some advice from my tomatoes.....

It is time to grab this bull by the horns and kick him in the ass.

One more thing I must share with you, as time to make a change this year is running out. This is from my favorite astrologer, Rob B. of FreeWillAstrology.com (his predications are right on the money, but be warned, he has a fabulous, dry humor that people like me love!):

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): How well are you capitalizing on this year's unique opportunities, Gemini? Now that we're halfway through 2008, let's take an inventory. I'm hoping that six months from now, you'll look back and make the following declaration: "This year I've learned more about togetherness and collaboration than I'd picked up in the previous five years combined. I've finally registered the fact that a successful alliance of any kind requires as much hard work as any job. Most of my important relationships are better and more interesting, and the rest have faded
away. I've surprised myself with how creative I've been in finding interesting ways to handle commitment."

Yes, I have shed some friends and have made fabulous, commited, connections with women who make my spirit laugh and who I look forward to seeing every month. Now all I have to do is find the creative way to handle my commitments.......

Much love,
Heike

Labels: , , ,