Gratitude List

Not only on Thanksgiving should you be thankful.

Wise Dr. Wayne Dyer once said something that stuck with me (don't quote me, the thought is important here!):"Take every tragedy or disappointment in your life, and turn it into a learning opportunity.".

Wow. What a shift of attitude! So, next time shit hits the fan, you get a huge unexpected bill, you go to fill up your gas tank, you buy organic food in California and loose your breathe from sticker shock....remember.....

Make it a learning opportunity.

:)

Seriously, it made me think back to the some of the trials that happened in my life, and I must say that good things have come from them. 10 years later for some, but good. The car accident that broke my back, but slowed me down enough to retrack my life and bless me with a beautiful family and a crazy dog (who, BTW, passed his first OFF LEASH test in the park today!!! GOOD BOY!!). Event recent "kaka" happened for a reason, and opened my eyes both to truth, and opportunity.

I made a new "thank you" list. Things that I am thankful for right now. I pull this out whenever I feel like the world is against me and everyone is trying to piss me off personally.

I will share some of the things, but not all:

1. My husband (who drives me up the wall, but has patience for me being me.)
2. My kids (ditto, but I love them to death. They are amazing, creative, smart, and oh-so-much little ME!!).
3. My dog (yes, not only for dog lovers. We do love our dogs, but I swear, Rex was sent to me to teach me patience, and a little humility. And pride....)
4. My family (Mama, Oma, Erna, and all the people who raised me so well. I just love 'em to death too.)
5. My tribe (My women)
6. My brain. It is good. It searches, thinks, and works when I need it to.
7. My past. Both good and bad. It makes me wiser.
8. My passion. My drive to get what I need.
9. My creativity. I don't know where I would be without it.
10. My roots. They run deep, and old, and they come through when I need them.
11. My iMac (yes, it is my line to the world. I love my computer to death too...and am eyeing a newer MacBook so senior can get a much deserved break.
12. food. I am happy that we can always have good food.......

Now go make your list. And do please share......
xoxo

P.P.S. I love y'all with smooches! I want to send you my book and make you laugh. I would love for you to BUY one, but now you can WIN your very own copy! Just sign up for FeedBlitz updates in the little index to your right. You will automatically entered every month (yeah, I know.), drawings will be held on the 30th or 31st. And a special bonus: a 10% coupon for Goddess pendants!!

Labels: , , ,