The BIG ONE has arrived, and my Spirit dances!

For the last 2 days, the local news has been announcing the BIGGEST STORM WE HAVE SEEN SINCE 2008.

Panic.

Today, I went to 3 stores to find batteries for our flashlights, and every one of them was sold out of D batteries and flashlights. Target sold out of water. My son and I filled sandbags for our back door. I secured out chicken coop.

We have lots of candles, firewood, food, & beer :).  Games are ready to be played in the candlelight.

One of my lawn decorations just hit the house.

It is 2 am, and the storm has arrived. I could feel the wind rising during the day, but now it is definitely here. My house is creaking & squeaking as the wind presses its way through the cracks and crevices of my old house.

It is swooshing.

My Spirit is dancing.

I know I should really be anxious, as the last BIG ONE ripped the shingles right of my roof.

Instead, I just made myself a nice warm cup of turmeric milk with honey, and I am enjoying the sounds of Mother Nature, strong & wild!

Unfortunately, my husband has to drive in this, sent him & the Volvo off with a blessing today. Stay safe out there, Californians!

Labels: , , , , , ,